Memorial Day Weekend is just around the corner, and many folks will be setting out to kick off the summer for the long weekend.
If you’ve traveled on this holiday in the past, you know that planning is key to a seamless, relaxing trip, and we’ve got just the list to keep you organized this year!
- Stay Connected – Download the latest travel apps for your phone before you hit the road—Spotify is a great channel for music, Waze will help with traffic, and Citymapper will be your best-bet for navigation!
- Travel Late or Early – Instead of sitting in a huge mess of traffic this year, leave in the middle of the night, or early in the morning to avoid traffic jams—you’ll get to where you’re going much faster, and your passengers will thank you… especially if you have kids!
- Pack Wisely – Make sure to bring temperature-appropriate clothing, shoes, and coats, especially if you’re heading north or to the mountains!
- Have Your Car Serviced – Make sure that all of your fluid levels are topped off, your brakes, lights work properly, and that your car is up to date on all routine maintenance including oil changes and tires. Contact our Service Department to set up an appointment to have your car prepared for your road trip!
- Have Travel Documents on Hand – Be sure to carry your Insurance Card, Roadside Assistance information, and any other vital information, in case of emergency.
- Make All Stops at Once – If you have children, it might be challenging trying to travel with the constant stopping for bathroom breaks, food, and drinks, but, if you stop in a place where you can use the restroom, grab a sandwich and a bottle of water, all in one place, you’re guaranteed to save time instead of loading and unloading everyone into and out of the car at each place.