Waldorf Ford would like to thank all of you for the support that made 2012 an amazing year. As we look forward to 2013, the much talked about, New Years Resolution, comes to mind, but what exactly can we be resolute to do… or not do in the year 2013.
One suggestion was to be less superstitious about the number 13, 2012 had 3 Friday the 13th, all 13 weeks apart and we didn’t have any bad luck. It was all just sentimental superstition.
A thought came to mind. What if, the New Years Resolutions were as much superstitious as Friday the 13th, and maybe as sentimental a traditions as can be? In this spirit, Waldorf Ford has gathered some of the more comic New Years Resolution we could find.
10. I will think of a password other than “password.”
9. I will check my work e-mail account at least once this year
8. Start a blog about how I would write more often if I had something important to write.
7. I will never again show up drunk at a custody hearing.
6. I will cancel at least a few of the 9 or 10 e-mail accounts I currently have.
5. Read a serious book with artistic merit like Twilight.
4. I will not ring the stewardess button on airplanes just to get her phone number.
3. I will stop saying,”Ooh, that feels nice” when the TSA agent frisk me at airports.
2. I will not fall for the trap of making a new years resolution and forgetting in a week, instead I will make 52 resolutions that I can forget after a week,
1. I will think of 10 actually funny new years resolutions and post them here next year.
.. Thank you for reading all the way to the end. you may just have the resolve to finish an actual new years resolution. Maybe you will finish that independent film you said you would? Waldorf Ford wishes you luck.
The problem with New Year Resolutions is the way people make them, take getting fit for example, this is not something you can just say, “I will eat healthy and get fit” If Waldorf Ford blog readers wanted to get fit, they would spend time doing research on how to get fit. It is so much more than “Eating healthy and getting fit”. This is the sentimental part of the resolutions. The line becomes an incantation. “I will do this” and we expect it to magically happen. Its a little bit silly, but in such as way to better ourselves and that at least we at Waldorf Ford can enjoy.