Whether you have had your Ford truck for 1 hour or 20 years, there is no time like the present to add some fun and even necessary accessories. We have compiled a short list of add-ons that most anyone can put on themselves, though you can always head over to see us to have our Aftermarket team order and install them for you.
These are listed in no particular order, except it does seem like the first ones might be a little easier to install.
1. HID or Xenon headlights. Upgrade your headlights to one of these choices for terrific nighttime visibility. They produce a whiter and brighter light than traditional bulbs. Light up the roadway ahead and avoid potential hazards sooner.
2. HID or Xenon Fog lamps. As with headlights, these new bulbs for your fog lamps really make a huge difference when your visibility is compromised by fog or rain conditions. These lights can be white or, as more commonly seen off-road, yellow.
3. LED Under Bedrail lights. Once you have installed these you will wonder what took you so long to put them on. These LEDs install right under the bedrails and out of sight, except when you need them. I am sure at one time or another you have had to fish around in the dark in the bed of your truck for something. Now with the flip of a switch, your whole bed will be lit up!
4. Back-up Camera. Most new vehicles have a backup camera installed. They are super handy and help to keep you from backing into the trash can or over the kids toys. They are also great when you are trying to hookup your trailer (unless of course you have a gooseneck trailer). There are lots of sources where you can buy a kit and install your very own.
5. Wireless trailer camera system. While this isn’t really for your truck, it is great for your own peace of mind. If you do a lot of hauling and want to keep an eye on your precious cargo, then one of these is just the ticket. You install the monitor in your truck and the camera in the trailer and voila! Well, maybe not THAT easy, but still do-able yourself. And the come wireless, so installation is even easier.
Those are our picks for today. What accessories are a must have for your truck? Share them with us by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want more information about Waldorf Ford or any of the new F150s or Superduty trucks we have in stock, check us out online at waldorfford.com – or stop by and see us. We are located on Route 301N in Waldorf, just 15 minutes south of Washington DC.